Thursday, January 16, 2014

Gillette Venus Embrace Sensitive

      So I received another gem to review from one my favorite companies ever! I absolutely LOVE Influenster and if you have no idea what they are all about then be sure to go to www.influenster.com to learn more about what they do. It's an invitation only site but I have a few invites left! So let me know if you're interested in joining! This month I received the Gillette Venus Embrace for sensitive skin.


      This package came with two heads, both with 5 blades each surrounded by thick lotion strips and a rubber comfort strip. The razor's handle is very comfortable to use and handle, I never feel like I'm losing control of the razor. It has a very firm grip and it's never slippery even when submerged in water. This razor overall performs well, it gives a very close shave that is extremely soft and practically cut-proof. It doesn't matter whether you shave fast or slow, this razor does a great job protecting your skin and you never have to worry about those annoying tiny nicks that just seem to bleed forever and sting. My beef with this razor is that it claims to be for sensitive skin but I still noticed irritation after using. Shaving my leg below the knee was a breeze and super easy and quick but when I started shaving above my knee around my thighs, I noticed that the razor didn't feel as soft. Maybe because my skin isn't as firm as the tight skin on the bottom half of my leg, I'm not sure. I don't have cellulite or too much extra baggage on my thighs, but that's the only thing I can think of, is that my skin is more loose around my thighs so the razor doesn't perform as well there, which is strange and something I've never had a problem with with any razor I've ever used. So I had irritation on the front and back of my thighs after use that lasted the entire day but faded overnight. Not a huge deal breaker, but definitely something to consider if you're someone who is prone to irritation bumps. 
     My final verdict is that this razor is just ok, I wouldn't personally purchase it because I do believe that their Venus Embrace with Olay razor is the BEST Venus Embrace razor. The lotion strips on that razor are twice as thick and it literally feels like you're shaving with a bar of soap. If you're going to dish out over 10$ for a razor, get the Venus Embrace with Olay, it will change your life. That razor produces NO irritation whatsoever and it is impossible to cut yourself with it. So the Venus Embrace for Sensitive skin is good and I will still use it until it completely dulls out on me, but it didn't wow me like the Venus Embrace with Olay did. 

Comparison pictures of Venus Embrace Sensitive (top) and Embrace with Olay (bottom)


Photo credit @ http://anaccentnail.blogspot.com


0 comments:

Post a Comment

 

Template by Best Web Hosting